How long does it take you to clean your pool?

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
For the first time in 2 years I am having issues keeping the bottom of my pool clean. I've done quite a bit to keep it clean beforehand, have a polaris with a sand/silt bag, a poolskim, nx2 for cleaning the top, cleaned out the de filter in total, etc. Now it seems I have a endless battle trying to clean all the dirt from the bottom of the pool. I was at it for about 4 hours yesterday using my pool brush and pool vacuum and walked out the next day and the place looks like I never touched it. Not totally sure what I'm doing wrong but I was curious how long it takes you to really deep clean your pool.

Are you sure its dirt and not dead algae? Can you feel it and it feels gritty? Does it blow away and disappear when you get near it with the vacuum?

Is your Polaris a robot? My robot does an amazing job, much better than a pressure side/suction side cleaner.

Maddie :flower:

Unless there is a constant supply of ‘dirt’ going into the pool, I would also suspect algae here.

Half of my pool sits under two large trees, and I only run my suction side cleaner once every week to 10 days.

I also brush the bottom every time I get in (or weekly when too cold to swim), and the walls once a week.

I didn't consider if it was dead algae or not. Converted the system to a SWG recently but its also been unusually windy lately so it might literally be pollen. And if you brush a pool with dirt it also swishes away.

And I run my pressure side cleaner daily for about 2 hours.

Guess I'm doing a slam this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.