How long can SLAMs run?

Glad to see everything is leveling out. On the 15th, I gave the advice In this thread to stay the course.:blah::blah: :blah: Since I had been SLAMMING for way too long, everyone else should be as well. (with Stay the course or is a change in direction necessary) About a week ago, I decided to do what you had done. I did one night of "super chlorination" (see page 29 of the Taylor K-2006 test kit manual) and then just let my numbers go back to normal. Since then I've maintained my FC 7 (never below) for my CYA of 40. For the longest time my CC was never below 1.5 and had gotten as high as 2.5. Since my decision last week to stop the SLAM, my CC started dropping to the point where it now stands at .5. Water is not flat anymore and it's starting to sparkle again. No dust up when I brush either. CYA has also stabilized. No more losing 20 ppm in a week.
I can't explain why things have leveled out for me, or for you, but they have. Sometimes I think, we may on occasion, have to try something different if what you're doing isn't working, even if what you're doing should be working. Now I guess the only thing to do is keep up the maintenance (being lax got me into the predicament in the first place.) and stay the TFP course. Good job thinking just outside the box..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.