How long can I leave my pool with out water till I damage my liner?

I would get water in as soon as possible. Even a few days can shrink your liner. I think anything (winter cover) that can get it out of direct sunlight would help. It is possible that, even under the cover, that temps will rise significantly.

I would get water in as soon as possible. Even a few days can shrink your liner. I think anything (winter cover) that can get it out of direct sunlight would help. It is possible that, even under the cover, that temps will rise significantly.

I was under the impression shrinking liners etc was an issue with old liners, that were stretched to fit the pool by the water, then years later being emptied and then the old liner shrinking, and then not wanting to re-strech again.
How can a liner that has not been stretched yet shrink? Or why would it shrink if there's water in the bottom of the pool?

The effects of direct sunlight on the liner on the other hand I have no idea. Will the vinyl care about 130-150F temperatures? I don't know. I don't think the water filters UV very well, so I'd be more worried about temperature and streching in odd places.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about wind damage etc if you're talking about a week.

P.S. for what it's worth my 40 gauge liner measured around 0.019" or "19 mil". It's a respectable liner, but not as heavy as they lead you to believe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.