How long can I leave my gunite pool empty?

Kcdc42

Jul 19, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I need to do a small plaster repair (delamination issue) where the a small 8-10 inch has popped off so I need to patch it.

I did not open the pool last year and I am opening my pool soon and the pool opening company cannot do plaster repairs right now so I was going to have them open the pool, drain the water but have someone else come and fix the plaster or do it myself with a pool patch kit.

My question is: Would it be advisable to keep the pool empty for around a week until I have the different crews in to the work?

I need to do a small plaster repair (delamination issue) where the a small 8-10 inch has popped off so I need to patch it.

I did not open the pool last year and I am opening my pool soon and the pool opening company cannot do plaster repairs right now so I was going to have them open the pool, drain the water but have someone else come and fix the plaster or do it myself with a pool patch kit.

My question is: Would it be advisable to keep the pool empty for around a week until I have the different crews in to the work?
How old is the plaster? If its very old and delaminating leaving it empty can cause more damage, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Do you have a high water table?

Is there a hydrostatic valve in the bottom of the pool?

You don't want the pool coming out of the ground after a hard rain.