How long after adding an inch of hose water can I re-test?

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The title pretty much says it all. Due to evaporation and a VERY hot, humid, and sunny day coming up tomorrow, I added an inch of hose water into the pool while the pump was running. I’m still running the pump now and am wondering how long I should wait before re-testing the water and adding chemicals? It’s really sunny and hot today so I know a lot of chlorine is being consumed plus the fill water I just added. My tap water is also high in alkalinity so I want to tackle any pH issues as soon as I can but FC is my top priority. I tested it at 6:30 this morning but it’s been in full sun all day so far and will be until around 6 pm. I lose around 3ppm of chlorine daily during the summer. Can I go ahead and test now or should I wait another hour or two? Thanks!

Okay sounds good to me. I didn’t know if it needed to run a full cycle with the pump on or if it should be good after an hour or two. I know an inch is barely anything but I’m OCD and need to adjust the chemicals ASAP lol!!

It doesn't need much time. 1" in your pool is like 200 gallons. That is a statistically insignificant difference in the grand scheme of things. You could walk around with the leaf rake a few times and it would be mixed well enough.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.