How I'm using booster pump after going with robot

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
Got a S300 about a month ago...LOVE IT! Had a Polaris with booster pump, so now I just run the booster about 10 minutes twice a day which really circulates the water around. I have no idea if it actually helps in any way, but now I feel like I'm getting some benefit for this booster pump until it dies....lol. I've seen some fountains that some people built, but we have water features so didn't need to add anything like that...

What do the rest of you do when you go from Polaris with booster pump to a robot?

Some folks seem to cap it off, others make it into another return like you did, and others make it a fountain.

When I have a pool party, I switch from pool to spa mode for the duration. The spa is popular, but this means no circulation in the main pool. Could I run the booster pump with the Polaris removed just to get some water moving in the main pool? I guess the main pool would eventually overfill (unless I encourage lots of splash-out)?

When I have a pool party, I switch from pool to spa mode for the duration. The spa is popular, but this means no circulation in the main pool. Could I run the booster pump with the Polaris removed just to get some water moving in the main pool? I guess the main pool would eventually overfill (unless I encourage lots of splash-out)?

You would be pulling from the spa and diverting some water to the pool. I think the spa will go dry before the pool overflows.

Why not run your spillover when you are having a party?

The spillover only works in pool mode. It's what I guess we call a "make up" supply.

The booster pump pulls water from the pool side, as it turns out. But without the main pump pushing water into it, the aboveground return pipe might not have enough water in it to supply the booster pump and it could start sucking air.

Got a S300 about a month ago...LOVE IT! Had a Polaris with booster pump, so now I just run the booster about 10 minutes twice a day which really circulates the water around. I have no idea if it actually helps in any way, but now I feel like I'm getting some benefit for this booster pump until it dies....lol. I've seen some fountains that some people built, but we have water features so didn't need to add anything like that...

What do the rest of you do when you go from Polaris with booster pump to a robot?
Do you want to sell your booster? Mine just died.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.