How do the robots know?

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
I've had my Dolphin Acitve 20 in the pool since Tuesday. Early in the morning, I watch it go with childlike wonder.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to -- Does it "map" out the pool and "know" when it's covered everything or does it just go willy nilly (scientific term) for a set amount of time, assuming it covered the whole pool?

This morning, mine starting up a stair, then said "nah" and backed up and went the other way.

dab,

It is halfway between willy nilly and real mapping...

It has to re-map every time it turns on, so it can't do much in two hours..

I think it knows enough not to make all right hand or left hand turns and the basic shape of the pool.

That said, If I have a small leaf, the size of a dime, it will find it and pick it up every time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It's good to have some mysteries in life. How Mattie (Pentair Warrior SE) gets all the stuff off the bottom every time is amazing. I don't worry about how she does it. Sort of enjoy the mystery.

My new Polaris VRX iQ+ box claims "intelligent cleaning optimized for your pool" which I think means it randomly changes the cleaning time to make me think it's doing something "smart", but despite the fact it's a great robot and does a good job, it misses a sliver of dust on the bottom of my pool every time.

I dont know about you guys, but I know my robot has eyes and checks out where all the big pieces are, cause Ive seen it aim directly at a errant piece of something and gobble it up. Not that I sit outside and watch my robot clean the pool or anything....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.