How do I position these jets?

Theflash95

Apr 5, 2022
My pool has an odd shape, think rectangle but bent at 90 degrees in the middle (see photo). I know the water is supposed to be moving in a circular motion to help the skimmer suck up all the surface debris, but I feel like that's not happening really well with how I have things. I've got only 4 jets to manipulate, but I feel like no matter which way I position them I'm going to have some big dead spots.

For context, the red arrow is where the skimmer is and the blue arrow is a water feature where the water bubbles straight up. The black arrows show where the jets are and the flow of water if they were pointed straight out. I currently have them pointed slightly downwards and to the side so that the water would flow clockwise around the pool, but with the 90 degree bend in the middle it really doesn't seem to work that way. One of the jets (#3) is just above a little shelf/step (see 2nd photo).

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5636.jpg
    IMG_5636.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 11
I feel like no matter which way I position them I'm going to have some big dead spots.
And you might. That's not uncommon which is why we typically run a brush over those areas a bit more frequently. But also don't feel like the entire pool has to try and go clockwise or counterclockwise. It won't happen. As long as you have the jets pointed to the general direction of the skimmer you should be okay. You can always test your theory by tossing some packing peanuts or ping pong balls on the water.

Reactions: Theflash95
if your current clockwise and down orientation is good enough to keep the shelves clean, it might be the best way. On the other hand if the shelves are not being cleared, you might try this: 1,2, 3 straight out with 1 angled down; 4 angled down and pointed toward your light. An alternate for 4 would be clockwise and down the way it is now. play with it until you are happy or give up. :cool:

Reactions: Theflash95
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.