How do I get rid of the wrinkles when filling the AGP?

mirko

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2020
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I am frustrated with trying to get rid of the wrinkles on the pool bottom. I've been on my hands and knees with an inch of water on the bottom and cannot get rid of them. I've used the pool brush. I'm going to try a plunger next.

Is there an acceptable limit to wrinkles? Will some of them go away once the pool fills up? They are not big wrinkles. Definitely not sharp creases.

Reactions: ViCKIESANDERS
I have a couple of minor wrinkles. They aren’t a big deal. Trying to get them smoothed out was a real pain once there was any water at all in there. I got rid of most of them before starting the water by backing up from center to edges, all the way around, using bare feet to smooth the bottom.

Mirko, I feel your pain, this is one of the more frustrating parts for me. For all the pulling the bottom from the outside before there's water to getting in and trying to smooth then out with little to no water, I've never gotten them all out either not for lack of trying, but i get enough out to where what remains flattens once full. The one thing you don't want to do is leave massive ones, as those definitely won't flatten out and you'll notice them walking over them, which I learned one year early on.

I watched a you tube video yesterday where a lady used hot water from a kettle and poured it on the creased parts and then eased them outwards. I feel your frustration! I hate that the dirt seems to collect along bottom creases

The technique I use is to start filling and as soon as the bottom surface is covered, begin with two people standing opposite each other in the pool bare footed, against the frame, facing inwards.
Using the heels of your feet, the aim is to both gently jump up and backwards a little, pulling the liner out flat. After each jump, both move one step to the same direction (clockwise/anti-clockwise) and repeat. Keep doing this as the water fills to try and get a perfect floor.

This usually works really well. It is a good idea to get the floor of the liner centralised and quite flat before starting.

I do this with my daughter who is 6 now, she finds it quite entertaining.

Reactions: Dadofthree74
Thank you, everyone! It was very frustrating trying to get the wrinkles out of the bottom, but I did it! I think that in my case, I stopped filling once there was an inch on the bottom. Then I tried removing the wrinkles and it seemed like they just kept coming back or appearing in new places. ARGH! I found that once I started filling again the wrinkles stopped coming back. I have a ground cloth that made sliding the liner around easy. Without the added water weight, the wrinkles would not stay away. So even when I had 4 inches of water in the pool, I could still remove wrinkles.

Now the pool is full! I'll start another thread for that.

Reactions: ViCKIESANDERS
I saw a video of a guy using two toilet plungers to adjust the liner
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.