how do I get rid of LOTS of dirt from recent deck renovation

Aug 23, 2009
Spring Valley, NY
We have a 35k gallon inground pool and After last summer's swimming season, we had a new deck put in. When I opened the pool this season, I found that there is tons of dirt at the bottom of the pool.
I ran the robotic cleaner (Polaris 9550 sport) however it runs for a REALLY short amoutn of time (15 min?) and then says that it's filled up - it seems the dirt is muddy, so it lines the bin of the vaccum so that it fills up with mostly water and stops running. I'd keep running the robot, but it's barely getting any of the dirt each iteration
I tried brushing the bottom of the pool and running the filter around the clock - but the filter (DE filter) soon says that the pressure has gotten past the "red point", so I keep backwashing, rising, replacing DE - - this sems to be helping - but lots of time and money and still VERY VERY slow - i.e. it looks like it'll take WEEKS of doing this (perhaps a month)
Any ideas?

Hire a pool service to bring in a standalone vacuum rig to cleanup your pool.

I will PM you a local place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.