how do I get my water crystal clear again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama yea im going to do it tonight I work nights so I just got up and probably will look youup tomorrowum know, you people gotta understand some people have a limitex budget for leisure things taking care is of the pool isn't my only physical responsibility. Also I want to know who says Taylor test kits are the best, cause I called two pool stores in my city and they don't carry that brand, is it the company that makes them that says they are the best, or are you all getting a kick back from the company. And the stores icall have been in business for many years, I want some to furnish me proof, thank you and god bless ok thanks just had to get that off my chest

kevinj

You have to decide if you are going to learn our methods which are based on good test results or trust the pool store looking to make money off you. Mixing advice will not work.

Seems that you have made up your mind ... good luck.

Kevin, I am currently going through the process as well with a new set up and trying to get my levels right. I am also a newbie and have already made mistakes. But, I did invest in the TF-100 test kit and even though I hardly know what to do with it...I LOVE IT!!!

As for the people trying to help you here and the snarky remarks...they are because everyone here started out just like you and they are happy to help people who are now where they once were. But, they all worked very hard to master learning the art of maintaining their pools and they want YOU to do the same thing. They do not want to spoon feed anyone. I also understand that while it SEEMS like you are wanting to be spoon feed, you are simply lost and trying to find your way out of a problem without breaking the bank. I get it....

But, I also see why some are frustraighted with your response to their suggestions. I have followed this forum for a very long time before I even got my pool...and I have seen them help countless people correct really nasty problems. they WILL help you if you just trust them and do as they direct you. You will have to decide to spend some money. You will spend it now, and save down the stretch...or you will pinch the pennies now and lose so much more in the long run.

I wish you the best of luck!!! Don't give up!

Well lemme say this made some snide remarks early on and I got an infraction for it I believe people should respect my posting just like I should im expected to respect theirs. You get what you give!

kevinj

Whats Taylor and tftest kits doing jb? Making money off you all and a heck of alot at that I bet. And why I have about 2 months left maybe 2.5 I will get to the bottom of this, like I said first year with this alot of trial and error

kevinj

Seems that you may have forgotten that you came here for help. We have told you what you need to do. You have chosen to not follow our recommendations. Why should we continue to volunteer our time to help someone that is not interested in listening?

I hear the limited budget and that's why I suggested getting the FAS-DPD if you couldn't afford anything else.

Taylor chemistry has been proven to be accurate and repeatable by many thousands of people here on the forum, and that's why it's recommended so highly. If you choose to believe what the pool store says then you'll spend way more than the $68.00 you'd spend on the test kit, trying they're methods.

I'm in no way, shape or form associated with Taylor or get any type of compensation from them.

Once you decide to follow our recommendations come back and we'll gladly help you. If you decide to follow the pool store recommendations, good luck to you. Trying to mix their advice and ours never works. Keep in mind that their only aim is to make money off you.

Kevindjac, since you have not shown any interest in following the advice given and persist in insulting the people who are trying to help you, there is no point in continuing this discussion, This topic is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.