how do I get my water crystal clear again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read my post?

Your pool is not special. What works for us, will work for you, when you are ready and not a moment sooner.

You haven't even told us if you're playing with a kiddy pool or a 40,000 gal in ground.

Here is the link you need. It's up to you to do with it what you want.
Pool School

Post whatever test results you have and we can make specific suggestions. The order you do things depends on where your current levels are.

On the CYA test, if the dot never disappears your CYA level is zero.

Kevin, it will work. I understand being tight on cash. I got my kit online for 50 bucks. I have put probably 50 gallons of bleach in over a month or so, so my total investment is under 200. What they are telling you will work and is the cheapest right way to do it. Worked for me.

Thank you jason I appreciate that on the cya I couldn't work on Sunday cause it rained again if I can figure out how to post a pic of my pool that way you can all see what I'm dealing with. But Casey if you read the very first post I posted I specifically said an agp but left out gallons thats my bad it is 6423 gallons and thanks Michael for the glimmer of hope when I get some dry day. I will post test results and so you all know im using the BBB method if I didn't mention before

[QUOTE="Kevindjac']Totally understand but u all gotta keep in mind not everyone can afford 75 dollars or more for a test kit...[/QUOTE]You will either spend way more than that on excess or needless chemicals or you will have a green/cloudy pool. Just sayin'...

Here's proof that I'm putting my money where my mouth is: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/52092-TFPC-Saved-Me-Over-1-400-in-the-First-Full-Year/page2. None of this $1,400 savings would have been possible without a good test kit and implementing the methods we teach here. Now, would you spend ~$75 and some time listening to the advice you have already been given in order to save hundreds or perhaps thousands of $? Your call...

With a pool of that size, and the apparent lack of willingness to get a proper test kit, easiest to dump it and start over. Maybe following the Seasonal Pool Guide.

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Hey fellows so to start with getting my cya up is there a common household product I can use to bring it up do I absolutely have to buy dichlor or trichlor, and if so which one is more economical to use and will get me more bang for my money

kevinj

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey fellows so to start with getting my cya up is there a common household product I can use to bring it up do I absolutely have to buy dichlor or trichlor, and if so which one is more economical to use and will get me more bang for my money

kevinj
You can buy cyanuric acid and use the sock method, you don't have to use dichlor or trichlor.
However, if you intend to drain and refill you shouldn't add CYA now.

In order of precedence you should test and adjust,
pH
FC
TA (only if it's a potential issue)
CH (only if it's high)
CYA

Since you know that you don't have any CYA you can go ahead and buy some and once you get the pH adjusted (if needed) and some FC in there you can go ahead and add enough CYA to get you to about 30 ppm. Once it's dissolved, go ahead and start dosing the FC to the recommended level for 30 ppm CYA.

P.S. You say everything is in range, but you haven't posted any test results.
Please post
pH=
FC=
TA=
CYA=zero

So I've read after you add the cya don't check it for a week so can I work on adjusting the other things as necessary I've gotta work a 12 hour shift tonight so fixing to go to bed but will check everything in the morning and post rambler thanks again

kevinj

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.