Hot Tub Owner in VA

Cabnboy23

Apr 9, 2022
Virginia
Celebrity Hot tub owner as of Dec 2021. Trying to get a good regiment down on proper Maintenance that the whole family can perform to properly upkeep the Investment we made on the Hot tub!
I travel alot so i dont want maintenance to be a hassle, but i also dont want a unclean spa experience. Im beginning to look at how i can avoid the spa frog chlorine floater as it does not seem very practical or cost effecient. Any help with a good simple protocol for maintenance will help out the pocketbook and ease my mind. Im glad i found this forum!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The links below should help get you started. Let us know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Newdude
Welcome 🤗
To add to what @Texas Splash provided many here (myself included) follow the dichlor then bleach method posted supplemented by a drop in salt water chlorine generator such as the saltron mini to take care of the background chlorination - this means you just need to manually add chlorine after using the spa to make up for bather waste. It’s a great option for someone who travels & may not always be able to dose the tub daily when not in use.
I have mine on a timer so it produces lower amounts of fc multiple times per day vs all at once.
Longer during the peak use season (winter / fall)
& I turn it down a little in the summer/warmer months as we don’t use the spa as often.