Hot tub heater question

Apr 30, 2014
Hendersonville, NC
So I received a hot tub that is a little old. It’s a therma spa and the heating element went bad. I ordered what was supposed to be the same one. (My model is c2550-0535) the heating unit sent was a little different but seemed similar enough. After installing it worked perfectly the first day. However the next day it tripped my gfci breaker outside. So I guess my question is, is there a way to test the heating element or does anyone recommend a correct replacement for that model number? Thanks for any info and advice.

Post a pic of the heater. Did you get a complete assembly or the element only? Does the breaker trip immediately or run for a while first? What was the old heater doing that you determined it was bad?
Do you have a multimeter?

Post a pic of the heater. Did you get a complete assembly or the element only? Does the breaker trip immediately or run for a while first? What was the old heater doing that you determined it was bad?
Do you have a multimeter?
Thanks for the reply. I’ll post a picture later. It’s was a complete assembly replacement not just the element. The breaker trips immediately now and the old heater just wasn’t heating up the tub anymore. I do have a multimeter. It also worked fine the first day. It worked almost too good heating up fairly quickly. But Again thanks for the response

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.