Hot tub FLO error - Aquaterra

May 22, 2017
ALEXANDRIA, VA
Hello,
I have Aquaterra benicia 4 person hot tub which was working fine until I just saw the flo error. Water levels are good removed the filter but still shows the error message and does not heat up because of that.

I recently replaced the water and I am assuming there are some air in pipes. Will it fix itself if I just drain and refill it?

Or should I try other fixes first? I did try to loosen the unions so if there is air it will escape. But I got mostly water from the union and I did not let it seep through long because I was afraid it will damage the pump, should I run it loose and pump running for 4 5 minutes to see what happens?

any thoughts?

Hello,
I have Aquaterra benicia 4 person hot tub which was working fine until I just saw the flo error. Water levels are good removed the filter but still shows the error message and does not heat up because of that.

I recently replaced the water and I am assuming there are some air in pipes. Will it fix itself if I just drain and refill it?

Or should I try other fixes first? I did try to loosen the unions so if there is air it will escape. But I got mostly water from the union and I did not let it seep through long because I was afraid it will damage the pump, should I run it loose and pump running for 4 5 minutes to see what happens?

any thoughts?

ER,

Are all the jets wide open?

Chris

ER,

Are all the jets wide open?

Chris
Yes all the JETS are open and filter is still removed, I am still not sure what is the problem since it works after a reset and stops after that - when the error message shows up no heat or jet.

If it is the flow switch it would not work at all right?

My next action - if I can't figure it out the problem with help here - will be to empty, check all connections and motor incase there is a blockage, and fill it again but I winterized all outdoor faucets so it will be a challenge to refill

Yes all the JETS are open and filter is still removed, I am still not sure what is the problem since it works after a reset and stops after that - when the error message shows up no heat or jet.

If it is the flow switch it would not work at all right?

My next action - if I can't figure it out the problem with help here - will be to empty, check all connections and motor incase there is a blockage, and fill it again but I winterized all outdoor faucets so it will be a challenge to refill

ER,

Sorry to hear this... must be very frustrating. If your pump is spinning and no flow it must be sucking in a lot of air somewhere. Tighten all the unions, fill up the suction screen with water and make sure the lid is sealed well and under water.... this should get rid of an airlock. Running a few minutes like this should allow it to take suction. If not there's an air leak. I wouldn't go more than 4 min or so. Running the pump dry for more than 4-5 min can damage the seal.

Chris

ER,

Sorry to hear this... must be very frustrating. If your pump is spinning and no flow it must be sucking in a lot of air somewhere. Tighten all the unions, fill up the suction screen with water and make sure the lid is sealed well and under water.... this should get rid of an airlock. Running a few minutes like this should allow it to take suction. If not there's an air leak. I wouldn't go more than 4 min or so. Running the pump dry for more than 4-5 min can damage the seal.

Chris

Okay so my suction screen is completely under water now, Maybe I should remove it and try to see what happens. Spa is full right now and it does work and stops after a while. All the unions are tight but once I drain the tub I am gonna check if there is any thing in the rotors that prevents it from spinning to create a suction.

Its a task for tomorrow and hopefully I can figure it out

We have a Aquaterra Chesapeake 230v 60Hz 6 person 81 jet Model and keep getting a Flo error. It worked perfectly for the first 1 1/2 years and now it’s doing this. We thought it may have been the filter so we bought a less dense one but it still continued to do it. Finally my husband replaced a run capacitor and so far within 24 hours it hasn’t stopped with the flo error. I am still skeptical though as sometimes it would go days without giving us any error. It’s very frustrating as we have to keep constantly checking it or it loses its heat. The only way to get rid of the flo error is to completely turn the power off then back on. Anyone else having this issue and if so how have you fixed it?

We have a Aquaterra Chesapeake 230v 60Hz 6 person 81 jet Model and keep getting a Flo error. It worked perfectly for the first 1 1/2 years and now it’s doing this. We thought it may have been the filter so we bought a less dense one but it still continued to do it. Finally my husband replaced a run capacitor and so far within 24 hours it hasn’t stopped with the flo error. I am still skeptical though as sometimes it would go days without giving us any error. It’s very frustrating as we have to keep constantly checking it or it loses its heat. The only way to get rid of the flo error is to completely turn the power off then back on. Anyone else having this issue and if so how have you fixed it?
Never mind, turns out replacing the capacitor didn’t fix the flow issue. Now we will just replace the whole motor and hopefully that will fix it. Very frustrating having to watch it all say as the temperature goes off with the flo issue.

Never mind, turns out replacing the capacitor didn’t fix the flow issue. Now we will just replace the whole motor and hopefully that will fix it. Very frustrating having to watch it all say as the temperature goes off with the flo issue.
Well after further examination it’s a dual capacitor for the low speed motor so he will now replace the other capacitor to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn’t work the we will order a new motor.

Well after further examination it’s a dual capacitor for the low speed motor so he will now replace the other capacitor to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn’t work the we will order a new motor.
I am wondering if this fixed the issue? I am having the same problems where the flow is an issue. I tried to remove the filter ran the water hose down it. Still nothing, it’s a 2016 model. Do you have a picture of what this capacitor looks like ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.