Hopper overdug, what options do I have?

Justin9314

Silver Supporter
Feb 21, 2021
Northern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Not following you. Overdug means too deep. Do you mean too wide? If that's the case the easiest thing is to slide the pool over amd make a new back wall ledge. Then use stone on the slope to fix. Otherwise you got a mess on your hands. Excavators aren't pool diggers. Its an art
@jimmythegreek Sorry for not typing clearly, it isn't my strength for sure. You are correct, the hopper was dug too wide. I have a little bit of flexibility to slide the pool over but on that end, I am kind of boxed in by an inground power line. What am I looking at if I wanted to repair the shelf part? In my mind, I thought it would make sense to build a long concrete form out of plywood or something and pour a mini shelf to correct the actual shelf. The yellow lines in my elementary level of drawing. I could go extra deep and add fiber on the collar for support? Or does this expose a safety concern in your mind? Thanks again for your time!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 11.42.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 11.42.23 AM.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 9

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
He dug the pool wrong. When you dig a pool you dig the whole shallow shelf first, then before you back out of pool you dog the hopper after marking it out. Then you come out of the hole amd dig the remaining shallow end from above so you dont make a ramp from pool. This happens alot.

You can use piers to support the walls and then form the front bottom to it doesnt leak out when you do the hopper. You can make a shelf too with forms. The goal is to get the collar poured to hold it in place, then it doeant matter as much what's under it. Gotta watch the rain, slide outs are a nightmare. We hustle hard after digging to get walls up and collar poured, after that you can slow the build down but gotta rush that part

Justin9314

Silver Supporter
Feb 21, 2021
Northern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
He dug the pool wrong. When you dig a pool you dig the whole shallow shelf first, then before you back out of pool you dog the hopper after marking it out. Then you come out of the hole amd dig the remaining shallow end from above so you dont make a ramp from pool. This happens alot.

You can use piers to support the walls and then form the front bottom to it doesnt leak out when you do the hopper. You can make a shelf too with forms. The goal is to get the collar poured to hold it in place, then it doeant matter as much what's under it. Gotta watch the rain, slide outs are a nightmare. We hustle hard after digging to get walls up and collar poured, after that you can slow the build down but gotta rush that part
I really appreciate all of the advice. I have dug through this site and did find a post that used piers. Makes sense. I have been tarping it off every time it calls for rain and has the well already plumbed. However, it's supposed to be raining between now and Sunday. Good to know I need to keep pushing through it though.