Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

Walmart has HTH Stabilizer/Conditioner. This is what you will use to raise CYA. Use the pool calculator to determine how much to add. Put it into a sock, rubber band the top and tie off to the ladder or in front of the return. Go by every hour or so and squish it to disperse. Do this till it's all gone from the sock. Then you should assume the amount you have added is in the pool and dose according to the pool calculator for the level you added.

Which granules have you been using? They may or may not contain CYA but if they do, your CYA level is not 0.

Oh, and as far as muriatic acid and borax...

If you pH rises to 7.8, you will want to go to the hardware store and get muriatic acid. You use this to lower your pH. With your higher TA, this will probably be what happens.

Borax is used to raise pH. With your higher TA and pH of 7.5, I do not predict you ever needing this.

Maybe you should read the post in my signature. I think it is a great resource when you start getting things confused. It goes into just enough detail without being overwhelming.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/bbb-for-beginners-t5208.html

Thank You Everyone! You all are amazing. I am learning here and you guys are absolutely and incredibly helpful! :D I love this site! So many people have been so helpful, and have taken their time to help me understand all of this.... and the advice, opinions and knowledge is very much appreciated! Thank You!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.