Home from vacation and pool is green!

Assuming your pool water is clear, you are done.

Simply let the FC level drift down back to normal and enjoy the swim season.

Do not let your FC level fall below your minimum for the rest of the season.

I'm afraid to stop...it won't hurt to continue to SLAM one more day and re-check the over-night test will it?

When can I get accurate results on all the tests?

When should I add the salt (reading 2900) and CYA (last tested was 30)?

When will my PH be accurate? Do I need to wait until my FC drifts back down?

I"m almost out of test chemicals so I'm off to order another TFP test-kit!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really need help or I'm afraid my pool is going to turn green again! I don't know what to do with these numbers...

Ph 7.8
CH 4.5
CC 0.5
TA 110
CH 475 (did the smaller sample)
CYA 25
Salt 3150 (chlorinator has been at 100% and we are losing FC fast!)
Temp 88

I know I need CYA to stabilize my CH but do I need to drain the pool first to get the CH down? Add acid first? Please help!!!

I've ordered a TF-100 refill set and will re-check the numbers when it gets here. I'm hoping my CH test is old and that is why it is high, I can't figure out how it would get that high just adding bleach??

What do I do in the meantime?

First: FC = Free Chlorine ; CH = Calcium Hardness

Your CH is not too terribly high and low on the priority list ... just leave it and focus on adding CYA and maintaining adequate FC and keeping the pH in the 7s.

You are losing the FC because the CYA is too low ... shoot for getting it up to around 60ppm to start. Also realize that the CYA will also lower the pH some.

This morning's test results...

FC 7 (lowered the SWG from 100% to 60%)
CC 0.5 to possibly 1 ??? One drop got it clear, but two drops got it more clear, if that makes any sense :lol:
PH 8.2 (added MA to lower to 7.8 since we added CYA last night and that will lower PH more)

I will re-test the FC and CC later today. If my CC is 1, will I need to SLAM the pool again??? I passed the OCLT two nights in a row so I'm not sure what the deal is but this is driving me crazy. I can't imagine the amount of bleach I will need if I need to SLAM again as we added a lot of CYA last night :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.