Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I usually use the pinch a penny 31.45 percent acid but their hours suck and I couldnt make it over there. I bought a two pack of HD acid at the same concentration but I have doubts after using it. It didnt fume, didnt smell or burn my eyes or nose and there was a tiny bit of solid stuff at the bottom. I was actually able to look down into the white bottle to see the dark solids on the bottom. With the pinch a penny acid I would have hated life if I did this. I am going to test PH again when I get home to see what it did but I am confused.

Check the box. HD sells both 14.5% and 31.45% MA next to each other. Only $1 difference in price at mine.

I usually use the pinch a penny 31.45 percent acid but their hours suck and I couldnt make it over there. I bought a two pack of HD acid at the same concentration but I have doubts after using it. It didnt fume, didnt smell or burn my eyes or nose and there was a tiny bit of solid stuff at the bottom. I was actually able to look down into the white bottle to see the dark solids on the bottom. With the pinch a penny acid I would have hated life if I did this. I am going to test PH again when I get home to see what it did but I am confused.
We're on our 4th year of using HD muriatic acid. Ours stocks the 31.45%. We've never had a problem, and have the same fumes, etc. that are typical.
Maybe you got a bad batch, or maybe you'll test and see expected reduction in pH.
Let us know!

Reactions: TexEdmond
No problems with HD stuff. First time I tried putting it in the pool I got a real nice whiff of that stuff. It's certainly not nice, so I can attest to it's purported strength!

Full send. 31.45% is always in stock at the Depot here. I quit counting after 16 gallons last season, now I don't even think twice about their quality.

I double checked and it is labeled 31.45. Checked the pH and it was not back down where it should have been. I dosed another 8oz last night after gently rocking the bottle to mix and this time the fumes burned me and the smell was strong! Not sure if some sludge was floating on top or what. I will check the ph again this evening. The smell and fumes still werent as strong as the HASA brand 31.45 I get from pinch a penny. That stuff has fumes so strong it looks like smoke coming off the bottle and measuring cup. I just wish Pinch a penny was open past 6pm. I guess I am stuck with these two gallons but after I think I will stick with the HASA stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.