Holy high level of salt batman - 7000 PPM! And SWG up and running!

Jul 7, 2014
orlando fl
So I received my Circupool SWG and test kit on Monday. I was floored that my ppm was 7000! I used liquid chlorine for a long time now. Off to the rental store, got a pump, and had to drain nearly 50% of my pool (in phases - drain / fill / drain / fill - to ensure I didn't damage the gunite). After 3 sessions I finally got the salt level down to around 3500, the ideal level for the SWG.

I am in for a shock when I receive next month's water bill :cry:

Finally got the system installed, up and running today. A few questions for those experts out there that run this system:

• I wouldn't think so - but does the flow direction of the SWG cell matter? I don't recall seeing an arrow on the device. I put it with the cord downstream of the flow.
  • The system appears to be working, but for some odd reason the current reading on the controller is showing negative 5A. The manual stated something about it running a diagnostic when starting up for 5 min, but after that it should run normally. I can't seem to get it to display a positive 5A reading.
Anyways, my pool started around 4ppm of FCL, and I am planning on starting around 50% for 6 hours tomorrow and see what happens. My CYA, pH, and TA were all within the specs that are recommended here for a SWG.

A SWCG runs in one polarity for so many minutes and then changes polarity. That helps shed any calcium that build up on the generation plates.
I think the Circupool SWCG's run on a 180 minute cycle. But don't quote me on that!

Reactions: opto_isolator
Thanks for the response. I wrote them an email earlier today, to confirm as well. Liquid chlorine served me well for a very long time, but with the cost going up and the availability going down, I bit the bullet and I am glad that I did so far! Looking forward to not have to lug jugs around any longer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.