Clearwater, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all. I recently brought my CYA levels up to those recommended by TFP after losing a significant amount of CYA from an unchecked pool leak. CYA is currently around. Prior to the leak when CYA was virtually non-detectable, I could run my SWCG at around 20% and it would always maintain more than ample FC level. But now, after restoring the CYA, I'm finding that I need to keep the SWCG at above 30% output (just raised it to 35% today because the chlorine level dropped to 2 (below the pool math recommended range). For anyone interested see the link under Home Pool in my signature for live test logs. I was under the impression that my SWCG could stay the same or even be set lower because of the stabilizing effect of the CYA against sunlight. I'll be doing an OCLT tonight to make sure there's not something else eating my chlorine. Is what I'm seeing normal? Should I need to increase my SWCG output in response to higher CYA? If not, any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Should I need to increase my SWCG output in response to higher CYA?
Not normally. You run the SWCG to replace the FC lost each day. That can vary. So some days you add more FC than necessary, some days not. But you keep above target level for your CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.