Higher FC during a SLAM

meshu0

May 27, 2022
Chicago
So, after replacing the pump, deep cleaning the sand filter for 2 hours, and replacing the multi-valve, the new to me pool is slamming. I have a sock adding FC 12, CYA<30, PH is at 7.2, and TA at 65...

Anyhow, I was wondering if there is a major issue with keeping the FC above the SLAM level a bit, say 5-10ppm? I don't live at the pool address, and I can't come every day twice a day. No one there is capable of testing...

So, if I keep the FC higher than SLAM to make sure I don't drop below, what am I risking?

Welcome to the forum.
The FC above SLAM level has little UV protection so it will go away quite quickly. So does little good. Also risks bleaching a liner as I think your pool might have? Hybrid is not very descriptive.
As long as the FC does not drop below minimum FC for your CYA level, the algae will not grow. But, it may take weeks, or months, to complete a SLAM with only raising your FC back every day or two.

I think this describes my pool, fiber glass sides, concrete bottom: Hybrid Pools - Further Reading

Yea, when I am testing, it's not dropping below SLAM level, I just want to make sure that I am not destroying pumps or lines keeping it a bit over SLAM...to reduce the trips. I know I am wasting some bleach but that is a trade off I am willing to make.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.