Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi,
got 167F on the reading after i noticed it blinking this morning. Recovering Chlorine with bleach and weighed the flow switch change vs a new cell. I opt'd for both and will determine which way I will go this weekend.

I have 3 years on the Rj-60 cell and debating if its worth swapping the old flow switch and doing the jumper or simply swapping the cell and keeping the old one as a spare. Alternatively, I can do the swap and keep the cell when the old one dies.

Thoughts?

I had the same issue in August. It ended up being a bad flow switch. I contacted Discount Salt Pool and they prorated the replacement cost for a new one. I believe the warranty duration is 7 years. Contact their support before moving forward to way all of your options. Your unit should still have much life left.

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks I contacted support and they recommended the flow switch and wire jumper and leaving the current cell in. The issue is within the cell as that is where the temp sensor is.
The quick fix is to put in a new flow sensor with a temp sensor as well and jumper the controller so it reads the flow switch

However, given I am at about 1/2 the life span on the cell- my thoughts were to swap the cell and keep the new flow switch and old cell as backup after I clean it (no acid just water).

What jogged my mind was that the controller should be wifi capable to send an alarm. I just happened to glance at the controller in AM and saw the green light blinking

However, given I am at about 1/2 the life span on the cell- my thoughts were to swap the cell and keep the new flow switch and old cell as backup after I clean it (no acid just water).
Given your pool volume, you should have lots of life left in the cell. I bounced the idea of buying a cell ahead of time to avoid price spikes and increases. The only downside is your warranty clock starts ticking upon delivery. I would run the life out of your cell before buying a new one. Might be a few years...

Understood about the warranty. For me its the easy button to just swap the cell but more expensive. Plus I have had to do quite a few AA treatments for staining due to a leak that was fixed and although the cell was off during AA, you never know.