Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello,

My TA is too high at 100 with my PH at 7.0. What is the best way to lower the TA without putting the PH to low? According to Pool Math if I add 1.5 kilograms of dry acid, my pH will drop by 1.3 and my TA by 22.0. How fast will the pH rise with aeration, rather than Borax?

Thanks in advance for all the tips and advice.
Chris

7,100 gallons

Welcome to the forum!
Your TA is not an issue. Just manage your pH. It will rise naturally and when it gets to 7.8-8, lower it to 7.6. No reason to chemically intervene at this time.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
So to clarify, let the aeration do its job to raise the pH?

Yes, I’ll re-read ABC’s of Pool Water Chemistry. This website and Pool Math has been my go-to for information. It’s the app that has provided the advice on this matter so far.

So to clarify, let the aeration do its job to raise the pH?
Sure. Your pH is in the 7's.

The app provides guidance, but you need to know how the different chemistry interacts with each other and the importance of them. Most important is FC above minimum for your CYA and pH in the 7's. Everything else is not that critical but should be monitored for scaling, SWCG scaling, plaster erosion, etc.

Reactions: ciregui
Sure. Your pH is in the 7's.

The app provides guidance, but you need to know how the different chemistry interacts with each other and the importance of them. Most important is FC above minimum for your CYA and pH in the 7's. Everything else is not that critical but should be monitored for scaling, SWCG scaling, plaster erosion, etc.
Thanks Marty, Yes my FC is good at 5 while my CYA is at 70.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.