High TA

Jun 7, 2015
Wamego/KS
Just added my salt and checking the water chemistry. Everything is in range except TA. Tested twice...100 then 90. It’s within the range listed in my SWG manual (on the high side). But it’s a little high based on TFP recommendations. Is that something I should be concerned with? If so how what’s the beat way to lower TA?

I gave up. My TA is always 150-180, everything else good. I spent years lowering my ph to ~7.1 then aerated with fountains to bring it to 7.4 then more acid, over and over again. Had to leave the cover off etc. Finally just stopped and accepted it.

Depends. You are not saving your test results in Poolmath so we cannot see them to see if it is an issue. Be sure you tap the check mark in the upper right of your app screen after entering your test results.
If you give us a full set of test results, we can let you know if the TA could be an issue, primarily for your SWCG.

FC 3
PH 8. Added acid to bring down to 7.6
CH 175
CYA 40. Adding stabilizer now to bring to 70
Salt 2000. Target is 3500. Added half the amount suggested and will test again once dissolved then add remaining amount to bring to target level.
TA 90-100

Be sure to run the pump for several hours after the salt is dissolved. A good brushing of the pool can help mix it.

Your TA of 100 is of no issue.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.