High TA

Apr 4, 2012
Sparta Tn 38583
Sws numbers are good. Pool is clear. Just had about 7 inches of water. Ph tad high
Fc 5
Cc 0
Ph 7.8
Cya 70
Ta stopped counting after 25 drops. Tested it 2 times. Could my drops be out dated? Is it from all the rain?
Everything tested good 2 weeks ago.

I’m going to let the experts answer but rain is typically acidic and that much should have lowered your PH AND TA to some degree.

oh I read they just got 7 inches of rain. It poured in TN.

I’m a little worried about the test reagents. I suppose all the aeration offset the acidic rain for the PH to be high???
I don’t think your TA should have changed significantly.

I do a lot of custoemr service in another industry for my real life job. I say this as nice as possible. Just because you did it twice and got a similar result does not mean that you did the test Correctly twice. If you did the test back to back, then you most likley did the test teh same way, and perhaps both were done wrong somehow.

:oops::oops: so embarrased. Y’all were right. I did accidentally use 7 8 and 10. Ugh!!! My bottles were always in order in my kit. So assumed I grabbed the right one. DUH! Thanks everyone. It was 65 because I had to take out so much water. Will adjust. HAGD!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rose dont be embarrassed, everyone has momentary brain farts over silly things all the time. Glad this was an easy fix. Not sure if all the kits are the same, but in my TFT kit, all the bottles for the test are the same color label. Chlorine tests are yellow label, TA are green, CH are light blue. If they werent color coded like that I would mess up all the time.

I'll leave you with this nugget. If this mistake is your biggest problem in life, you are in great shape. If it isnt, then this mistake isnt even worth thinking twice about.

:oops::oops: so embarrased. Y’all were right. I did accidentally use 7 8 and 10. Ugh!!! My bottles were always in order in my kit. So assumed I grabbed the right one. DUH! Thanks everyone. It was 65 because I had to take out so much water. Will adjust. HAGD!!
You ain't the first.

You're getting there. You saw that something was wrong with this picture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.