High Salt & Combined Chlorimines

NYAVGUY

Jul 14, 2014
New York
Hi All,

I somehow miscalculated and overshot my salt this year. Is it bad for my pool and/or SWG to have a salt level of 3800?

Also, after SLAMing, I still have CC of .5 or less. Should I SLAM again? Water is crystal clear. My pool has a vinyl liner, but I have fiberglass steps so I also manage CH. I worry about having my FC high for too long a period with the vinyl liner as my Father always kept it a bit high and went through liners sometimes in less than 10-years.

Build Type: Fiberglass
Volume: 16500 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 5.0 (yesterday)
CC: 0.3 (yesterday)
pH: 7.5 (yesterday)
TA: 70 (4 days ago)
CH: 250 (5 days ago)
CYA: 60 (4 days ago)
SALT: 3800 (4 days ago)
TEMPERATURE: 64° (yesterday)
CSI: -0.67 (yesterday)

Lot of salt cells recommend 2800 to 4500. I over shot mine and at 4100 and it's happy :)
I googled yours and looks like they recommend 3600 to 4500 but may want to double check.

Optimum Pool Water Chemistry Conditions for Salt Water Pools (using the IntelliChlor SCG

Salt: 3600 - 4500 ppm (ideal 3600 ppm)

If the CC test goes clear at 0.5 then you just call it 0.5 - it doesn't really work to estimate between. If you really want more precision you can do the test with 25ml, two scoops of powder, and every drop is 0.2ppm of FC / CC. But honestly, if it's under 1ppm, you're doing ok. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.