Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Trying to talk a friend into leaving her beloved test strips in the dark and walking into the light with a new proper test kit. She does not want to spend the money. Ugh. So I am wondering does the Taylor High Range kits really test chlorine up to 10ppm? She just replaced her 16 yr old above ground chlorine pool in Cleveland Ohio with a new one. The k2005 says high range and shows this comparator. I know she will struggle with SLAMS if she needs to do them bc she can not take precise chlorine measurements, but the test looks like it covers the rest of the bases. The test is $66, she only wants to spend $50.

Attachments

• 9B6B5B6A-5787-4395-A549-6ACC551EE257.jpeg
    9B6B5B6A-5787-4395-A549-6ACC551EE257.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 8
That is not the right kit!

TFP procedure calls often for chlorine tests w-a-a-a-y above 10 ppm.

Here are the test kits you need if you follow TFP methods.

Here’s a suggestion - stop trying to convince your friends. In fact, let them wallow in crappy pool water and constantly pay the price for it. After banging their heads against the wall with strips and pool stores, they’ll eventually get worn down enough to lose their attitude and seek help. It’s a lot like alcoholics - you helping them and begging them and pleading with them only enables their poor choices. It’s only when an alcoholic hits rock bottom do they then drop their pride and ask for help. Same is true with pool owners. Your friend isn’t there yet so stop wasting your time trying to come up with half-rear-end solutions to accommodate her demands about not using the right test kit. Because believe me, once you start trying to “help” her, then she will see as her go-to person to fix all her problems and next thing you know you’ll be the one SLAM’ing her pool.

As the old saying goes - you can lead a horse to water but you can’t milk a cow on Wednesday’s.

You can use a K-2005 if you also add the K1515A FAS-DPD kit along with it. And then you're basically at the cost of a TF-100, which will include more reagents.

Why people are willing to dump hundreds of dollars on magic pool store potions that don't work but not $100 on a test kit blows my mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.