High quality umbrella sleeve with cover?

klanel

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2021
Athens, GA
I am thinking of having some umbrella sleeves installed in the deck when it is poured. I looked some online and see mostly cheap looking plastic ones. Does anyone know where to get some maybe in brass or stainless that also has a cover to keep debris out of it when not in use?

Thanks,

I am thinking of having some umbrella sleeves installed in the deck when it is poured. I looked some online and see mostly cheap looking plastic ones. Does anyone know where to get some maybe in brass or stainless that also has a cover to keep debris out of it when not in use?

Thanks,

Thanks for posting but they think much more of them than I do. If I know the dimensions, I can fabricate them myself if they can be set later. On the sunshelf they have a hole already in place for one to be added before the pool is finished I will talk to the concrete contractor and seen if he can place a few holes around the deck where I can install later. How are the holders held in place?

I believe if they are metal they will have to be bonded along with any other metal items, handrails, etc. That's likely why so many plastic ones get installed.

The ones I have were concreted in place. The decking was poured around it. The ones in the sunshelf were put in place with hydraulic cement just before plaster. They left holes in the gunite to add them later.

--Jeff

I believe if they are metal they will have to be bonded along with any other metal items, handrails, etc. That's likely why so many plastic ones get installed.

The ones I have were concreted in place. The decking was poured around it. The ones in the sunshelf were put in place with hydraulic cement just before plaster. They left holes in the gunite to add them later.

--Jeff
I will ask the concrete contractor but unless we can get them here and installed before they pour, it may be too late. For the ones that are cemented in, he could create the placement holes when they pour. For that matter, I could cement in a metal one but then it would not be bonded.

Are the ones you have that were poured around plastic or metal? I was wanting something that has a cover to keep it clean. Do the plastic ones have covers?

I have volleyball anchors that are bronze, and my umbrella holder in the sunshelf is plastic. Both have caps.

Bronze anchor -

Plastic anchor -

I will say, I don't know for certain that my bronze anchor in the deck is bonded. I didn't watch them install it on the day of the deck pour. I know the one in the pool is not, however it is in contact with the water and the water is bonded.

I have thought about core drilling my deck and using hydraulic cement, adding a few more of the plastic anchors.

--Jeff

Do they need to be bonded if they are totally underwater and not connected to anything? Mine too are plastic and very strong there is no issue with plastic ones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.