High PSI on my DE Filter

I think I know the answer to this question which is yes and add 1 lb but I wanted to make sure. Every time I back wash/rinse how much DE should I be re applying? My filter is a 24. Started with 3 lbs of DE and wanted to see how much to add ater backwash/rinse cycles. Thanks! Today I am going to try to fight the cloudy water, thanks for the help so far!

jrocksinc said:
I think I know the answer to this question which is yes and add 1 lb but I wanted to make sure. Every time I back wash/rinse how much DE should I be re applying? My filter is a 24. Started with 3 lbs of DE and wanted to see how much to add ater backwash/rinse cycles. Thanks! Today I am going to try to fight the cloudy water, thanks for the help so far!
I'm not finding that model in the Hayward manuals...Is it possibly a 6020 or a 2420? For the size of your pool, I'd guess a 6020, but who knows?

Anyway, if you've opened it up and blasted it, give it a full charge. After just a backwash, 80%.

The 6020 is a 60 sqft filter and calls for 7.5 lbs for a full charge. After just a backwash, 6 lbs should do.

You should not be running without the proper amount of DE in the filter as you can end up clogging the grids pretty quickly ... especially if your water is cloudy due to algae.

Note the link about DE filters that is imbedded in the link that linen posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.