LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool is in the middle of a SLAM and I was wondering: Is there any need to check CC since the pool is obviously cloudy with clumps of dead algae and leaf debris on the bottom? I figure, since the water is cloudy and algae is still present, I won't test for CC until I "think" its clear.
Wondering what you think. Thanks

No need to waste reagents and test for CC until your water is clear.

I would suggest not abandoning CC testing entirely. Maybe in the beginning, somewhere in the middle and then towards the end when you're ready to check if your SLAM should end. It can sometimes be an important indicator when your water clears up but you're still experiencing an elevated FC loss, eg, a very dirty filter can keep a pool nice and clear but generate plenty of CCs. The R-0003 reagents are cheap and stable and, assuming your CC's are low (like below 2), then the number of drops of R-0871 are minimal.

I would suggest not abandoning CC testing entirely. Maybe in the beginning, somewhere in the middle and then towards the end when you're ready to check if your SLAM should end. It can sometimes be an important indicator when your water clears up but you're still experiencing an elevated FC loss, eg, a very dirty filter can keep a pool nice and clear but generate plenty of CCs. The R-0003 reagents are cheap and stable and, assuming your CC's are low (like below 2), then the number of drops of R-0871 are minimal.
:) I agree with that too. I was just thinking no need to do it every single time I check FC levels when the SLAM obviously needs to continure. Thanks JoyfulNoise!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.