High CC

How often are you checking you FC levels? Both numbers that you have posted have been extremely low in FC levels. You should be checking it as often as necessary to keep it at shock levels. Obviously work and other stuff get in the way but if your at home, you should be checking often enough to know when its dropped below recommended shock level and bring it back up.

Just an update for anyone who may have been following. After testing & shocking throughout the day yesterday (i think it was 5 or 6 times)- i am hopeful that the situation has been resolved. Tested this morning and FC was 6, CC was barley pink, probably .2- So hopefully i am good, i will retest again at the end of the day today to confirm again.
Two points i would like to share. 1. The last two or three shock treatments done i followed advice given and hit it HARD, more than the shock levels prescribed on the chart/pool calculator- i think that helped and was necessary in order to get the situation under control. 2. I ran out of bleach and used 73% Cal-Hypo for the last treatments. Now it could be that the problem would have been solved the same way with bleach or maybe the Cal-hypo helped out a bit since it also adds some CYA (i think).
just sharing my experience. thanks all for your help and advice!

ari said:
Just an update for anyone who may have been following. After testing & shocking throughout the day yesterday (i think it was 5 or 6 times)- i am hopeful that the situation has been resolved. Tested this morning and FC was 6, CC was barley pink, probably .2- So hopefully i am good, i will retest again at the end of the day today to confirm again.
Two points i would like to share. 1. The last two or three shock treatments done i followed advice given and hit it HARD, more than the shock levels prescribed on the chart/pool calculator- i think that helped and was necessary in order to get the situation under control. 2. I ran out of bleach and used 73% Cal-Hypo for the last treatments. Now it could be that the problem would have been solved the same way with bleach or maybe the Cal-hypo helped out a bit since it also adds some CYA (i think).
just sharing my experience. thanks all for your help and advice!
Thanks for sharing. The Cal-hypo also adds calcium, not CYA.

You are done shocking when you pass three tests. See red lines in my sig :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.