Yesterday, I added several pounds of dichlor shock to get FC up to shock level, in preparation for closing on Monday. A lot of leaves blew into the pool overnight which apparently caused havoc with my water chemistry because it is showing a CC level of 1.5 now. It also showed that I lost at least 2 ppms of chlorine overnight. Water looks crystal clear and FC was high so I was surprised to see that. If leaves can cause CC to increase that much, I don’t know how I’m going to get rid of the CC before closing because I can’t keep leaves out of my pool right now. The leaf problem is so bad that I have to dump my skimmer basket out twice a day and I’m spending 30 minutes a day removing leaves with a net. Do I need to be worried about the high CC level since I’m closing on Monday with polyquat and my water is clear? I really don’t have time to do a lengthy SLAM right now because I need FC to drift down some before closing on Monday to add the polyquat. Could I get rid of the CC any other way other than doing a SLAM? I’ve heard that MPS non-chlorine shock can reduce CC levels but I wasn’t sure if it would be advisable to use that.