Hi, Just joined TFP and thought I'd share a little with what is going on with my pool.

charleenthomas1

Jul 11, 2021
Redding Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Currently I use Baquicil for my pool and have for several years with no problems to speak of until last year and this year. Last year I got pink slime in the pool and that is a big pain to take care of. This year we put in a new liner, new sand, of course new water and It probable took about a month and there was the pink slime again. Everything was clean at the start including all the lines. I don't know why in all the years I've done the same thing I now have this problem. I am thinking seriously about going to something other than Baquicil (its so darn expensive) maybe chlorine. If someone has a system or products they really like and works really good I would love to hear about it. I live in a very hot climate in the summer, Redding Ca but I do have the pool under shade cloth and its not used in the winter. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
Baquacil may be an approved sanitizer by the EPA, but it is without a doubt the most expensive and frustrating method. Read through the above articles and Pool School in general. Take a look at the Baquacil forum on other conversions.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.