Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2020
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi! I finally signed up to Trouble Free Pool after reading so many helpful reviews and advices on here. Thank you! Our pool was finished last December (thank goodness right before Covid-19) and we've been enjoying it. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about my pool, but have not yet to take care of it on my own. I've gone tbrough several pool technicians already :( and I think this last company is it, but I have one problem that the last pool tech left me with....Cyanuric Acid level at 100. My current technician said he would have to drain all water to power wash. Is draining all really necessary? I've read mix opinion on this.ome said to brush and drain a little and backwash. Etc.

Thank you again for this forum!

Welcome to the forum!
How are you testing your pool water chemistry? To lower your CYA you drain water and refill with fresh. There are also exchanging of water processes that can work. Why do you believe you need to pressure wash the pool surface? This pool is new, correct?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
How are you testing your pool water chemistry? To lower your CYA you drain water and refill with fresh. There are also exchanging of water processes that can work. Why do you believe you need to pressure wash the pool surface? This pool is new, correct?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Hi! I'm using Taylor K2006C test kit. I was told by one pool technician that is the oy way to remove that much CYA because it sticks to the plaster. My pool buyer said not to drain pool so I'm nervous. Yes new pool since December 2019.