Hi from TN

creightont

Jul 1, 2020
TN
Hi all. Been reading here for a couple months and reading thru pool school in preparation for our pool (currently in construction).

We are installing a 14x28 lazy L steel wall chlorine from hydra pools. Basic calculations indicate we are ~12500 to 13000 gallons. Pool setup is 2 aqua genie skimmers/returns, another regular return, 1hp hayward single speed motor, 300# sand filter, 2 colorlogic lights, and in pool concrete steps with baja landing. Been reading feedback on the forum search regarding aqua genie performance and opinion so I have an idea what we are getting into with these (pool builder quoted 2 skimmer but didn't specify traditional or ag). Currently walls are up, footers poured, and plumbing installed.

We live in TN so rather mild climate, hoping to swim from April to October and keep it covered during the off season.

I think that covers most of the basics.

We are excited to get water in and swim!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: One suggestion I have to put out there .... change the pump to a 2-speed. Single speeds are horrible on energy and efficiency. You'll do much better with a 2-speed. Other than that, best of luck on your pool build.