Hi from GTA

YoMamaBean

Nov 7, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
We just installed a fiberglass pool with waterfall features. Pretty excited about it! Though we are feeling pretty green.
We got a Hayward sense and dispense chlorine system. As well as the OmniLogic hub. Trying the liquid pool cover. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
Glad to find this forum so I can learn a little.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: even with the Hayward dispensing system, make sure to check levels yourself with a proper test kit. That's always priority #1. Here int eh states we use the TF-100, or the Taylor K-2006C test kit. The TF-100 can't be shipped up north, but if you travel down you can pick it up. Last I heard, local sources for a good test kit were quite expensive.

Make sure to visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to TFP! There is so much to learn here.

Liquid pool cover is pretty much useless outdoors. Only a physical barrier provides substantial reduction of evaporation, which is what causes heat loss. There is some science to the stuff (surface tension, etc.) but practically speaking it's not worth bothering with.