Atlanta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've really got into this forum the last several months. Its been very helpful stabilizing the pool. I've had a pool for 8 years (20,000 gallon, SWG, acid pump). For the first 6, I didn't have many issues, but outside of ph and FC, I managed it by rules of thumb and one test a year from the pool store. During year 6, the SWG was flaky. During Year 7 it went bad and unfortunately, I largely used chlorine tablets from Costco.

After struggling with another algae bloom earlier this year, I found the resources here. I purchased a good test kit (K-2006C) and I figured out my balance. CYA was the primary issue and was very high (probably ~140). I stabilized with liquid chlorine, drained some water, and replaced the SWG. I'm back to managing chlorine entirely with the SWG.

Thanks for the great resources!

Yes, I used that one. Its a great resource. I'm also using the Pool Math mobile app.

PS: I also installed a Water Guru. Its helpful w/ the caveat of the accuracy not being great when chlorine is high. Its a reasonable daily check I know the ranges to watch for.

The WaterGuru is a neat novelty. I would not rely on it for any chemistry adjustments.