Hi from Fresno Cali - Frustrated with cloudy water

Re: Help with next step....

Hi;

Thanks so much for the advice. I feel like I keep asking the same questions, but sometimes it takes a bit until I totally understand about things. Pool care shouldn't be this complicated, or so I thought. Its starting to make sense now.

Unfortunately, due to money situation at the moment (until the first), I am forced to use the kit that I have (its the 6-way kit from Walmart). I will defintely order the kit suggested at that time.

Here are the reading the kit gave me. CH = 5.0, pH = 7.3, ALK = 210, TH = 0, CYA = 30.

Who knows, maybe I'm not so far off.

Re: Help with next step....

Hi dar-lita

dar-lita said:
Pool care shouldn't be this complicated, or so I thought. Its starting to make sense now.
And it will continue to make even more sense with time.

Looking at your test results, is there a chance that CH = 5.0 is actually FC (Free-Chlorine)? CH stands for Calcium Hardness and I have never seen a CH number that low.

Mod alert. I merged some of your separate threads into this one since it is dealing with an ongoing problem and your multiple threads were making it difficult for us to follow your pool clean up. Please use this thread from now on. Thanks.