Hi FC and zero CC help!

-HIC-

Aug 14, 2013
I have had my chlorinator off for over a week and it seems the FC is not getting better. Should I add hydrogen peroxide to lower enough to turn my swg back on?

FC 15
CC 0
TC 15
Ph 7.8
TA 130
CYA 70
CH 150 (pool is 6 months old have not takled this)

17k gallon gunite, pebbblesheen with SWG.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you look at our FC/CYA Levels, your FC is still well under the maximum SLAM level/limit for a CYA of 70. As long as you are not running the SWG, the FC will eventually fall. No need to add anything to try and force it. The big question though .... how are you getting those numbers? Which test kit are you using? Also, where are you located? Please update your city/state as it gives us a better picture of how your water could react.

I think you know your CH is also low. Using the PoolMath tool or APP, you can learn how much calcium to add. Lots of folks around to help you with any other questions.

Thank you! I am using the tf100, magnetic base, etc. I use all tfp and Taylor. I travel a good bit for work and we had some cold weather come in and I did not react quick enough on the swg. I am in Houston. I was just concerned that 0 CC was a problem. I know the CH is low but was told to wait a while to increase, if that is false I will address soon.

I am using the tf100, magnetic base, etc. I use all tfp and Taylor.
Perfect! :goodjob: Yeah, the last bit of cold weather knocked our water temps down a bit, but that's fine. A zero CC is good. We like CCs to be 0.5 or less. And even though your CH is a bit low, the elevated TA and pH in the upper 7s is good to help compensate. You seem to be in good shape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.