Hi! About to Build First Pool

Oct 24, 2020
Grand Prairie, Texas
Hello Everyone, my family and I relocated from San Diego, California to North Texas and we were not prepared for the heat! My husband’s retirement from the Navy had us seeking a lower cost of living and a veteran friendly state. So Texas is now home. We signed a contract to put in a pool and spa (something we could not afford in Cali) and our family of 3 kids, 1 dog and a cat are very much looking forward to it. As we are originally from Louisiana we expect lots of family members to visit us also. I’m told having a pool gets you more visitors than usual! We have tons of questions as we have never owned a pool and hope to learn a lot here.

Welcome to TFP fellow Texan. You will find lots of help. Pool ownership is fun and there are lots of experts on this site to assist in part of it. Feel free to ask any question.
Here are some good links to consider if just starting to consider building a pool.
How to Pick a Pool Builder
How to Pick a Pool Builder - Trouble Free Pool

How to Select Pool Equipment
How to select pool equipment - Further Reading

Construction Tips & Best Practices
Construction Best Practices - Further Reading
Welcome!! I started here a 2 1/2 years ago when we were just thinking about building a pool. We've been swimming for almost a year and a half and the advice we got here has been invaluable. Once you are in the design/quote stage, start a thread in the "under construction" forum, and you'll get great advice on your design, equipment, quotes, and support through the construction phase.

You've definitely found the right place.

Hi, glad you found us, especially at this stage of your dream. Experts here can help you before, during and after your build. A great way to learn about the process is to follow along with others. You could start reading our pool build threads.

Hi, glad you found us, especially at this stage of your dream. Experts here can help you before, during and after your build. A great way to learn about the process is to follow along with others. You could start reading our pool build threads.

Thank you! I have already found the information here very valuable!