Hey Guys and Gals

Mar 23, 2017
Edmond, OK
Owned a home with a pool for four years and I'm sick and tired of being a slave to the pool store. Thus, the reason I'm here! I hope to gain great knowledge from all of you and look forward to not having to throw money away on needless pucks of chlorine and shock.

Just getting my pool up and running from a green swamp this last winter. So far, I've managed to get the green out, kill all the algae, and now I'm on to removing all the dirt and dead algae from the bottom. My Taylor K2006 kit is on the way so I'll have some numbers up for you guys here in a few days.

As of right now with just my 5 way kit, here's my numbers:

FC: >5.0
PH: 7.2
TA: 110

From the pool store:

CYA: 90

I'm looking forward to being able to keep track of my own CYA and other numbers.

Chemically, my pool seems to be ok, although my CYA is higher than I want it.

I look forward to speaking with you all. Cheers from OKC.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

If your CYA is actually 90 then you have too little chlorine in the water. The absolute minimum should be 7, with you targeting 10 - 11 to keep it above the 7 floor. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Your first assignment when you get the K-2006 will be to test the CYA.

Secondly you will need to perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to verify that all the algae is dead.

Yup- bring us back all your test results when you get your spiffy new kit ;)

Type them out like this (easier for us to digest):
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Then we can help you determine what needs to be done.

Have you read this?-->ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and other helpful articles in PoolSchool?

How did you "kill" all your algae and the green monster? What chemicals did you use?
Can you add a signature line to the bottom with your equipment and pool specs on it? Thanks :)

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.