Here we go again

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd pop up and say Hi again - haven't been active here for the last couple of years - RL got in the way and took over.
Back now, so Hi to all my old friends - I'm off on the usual SLAM road at the start of Summer now to get my horrible, neglected green pool back to a pristine state again !

Starting conditions just measured:
  • FC / CC : 0
  • pH : 8 (at least, possibly higher)
  • TA : 30
  • CYA : less than 30. I usually have this around 75.

First stop is to drop the pH to around 7.4 before kicking off the Shock.
Muriatic acid added, will monitor hourly.

As always, any tips, suggestions, criticisms, all gratefully received !!

Sal

Sal- welcome back. I’m sure you know what to do- add liquid chlorine for CYA of 30 to get to 12 and maintain while scrubbing the pool daily, keep the pump running. Take daily photos and reread the SLAM article. Good luck and ask if you have any specific questions.

Sal- welcome back. I’m sure you know what to do- add liquid chlorine for CYA of 30 to get to 12 and maintain while scrubbing the pool daily, keep the pump running. Take daily photos and reread the SLAM article. Good luck and ask if you have any specific questions.

Hey Jezza, Good to see you again mate !!

Plenty of liquid chlorine on hand now (thanks Bunnings!). Pump is on 24x7 (bypassing the SWCG) and SLAM article is on its own tab in the browser now !!!
Might need an emergency order of Chlorine titrating reagent, but my new friends at Clear Choice Labs in Qld are on the ball so I'm sure they'll sort me out quick smart !

pH now down to just over 7.
Also added some stabilizer to push CYA up to around 40.
FC is now up close to 30, at 11:15 tonight. Its a little high, but it took a while to get it up there so my guess is there was a pretty high algae level at the start. Will leave it for tonight and see what it says first thing tomorrow morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.