Helps on my circulation system

Cash

Aug 30, 2018
Austin
Dear all,

Would you please help to see how my circulation system works? Right now, my pump in is closed for SPA, and pump out to SPA is open to force the circulation of my SPA water. But after pump stop work, the water in SPA is dropped to main strain. My pool contractor is closed pump out to SPA valve, and told me the check valve might broken. Is that correct? If we need to replace it, how much would it cost? Thanks

Attachments

• Pump out to pool.jpeg
    Pump out to pool.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the forum!
Can you fill out a signature? Knowing what pool equipment we are working with helps us help you.
If you plan to leave the spa return valve open you will need a check valve there. That appears to be an older style and may not be repairable. I suggest cutting it out and adding a Jandy NeverLube type check valve.

Your suction side looks to me to be properly labeled.

The mystery line may have something to do with your filter, but we do not know what type filter you have and the pictures are not giving an overall view of the equipment pad.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I'd like to see more pictures, especially showing that skinny pipe that comes out of the tee just above where you wrote "Problem Check Valve?"

It's obvious you have a siphon'going on. With that valve to the spa closed, that check valve is essentially useless and might as well not be there at all. So if you're still draining down in that position, you can't blame the check valve. That doesn't mean it's good -- just that it isn't needed when the shutoff valve is closed.

Likewise you show the spa intake being closed. Twice. Once with the blue handled valve and again at the three way.

So the spa is completely isolated. Unless there is a third pipe somewhere, which I suspect is that skinny one.

By the way -- you're not losing water, right? As the spa goes down, the pool level goes up?

Hi Richard, Appreciate your help to understand my circulation system. When I turn off the valve in same of bad check valve, the water in Spa are not dropped anymore. Today, I just replaced the bad check valve, and open the valve in the same pipe line. I will check the water level in Spa again tomorrow. Here is the most recently picture of my circulation Please to see whether my understanding is correct or not?

I have no idea what that skinny pipe feeds. There might have been a booster pump for a pressure side cleaner in there and it was removed and bypasses.

The what in the second picture looks like the bubble blower for the spa. Mine blows up through a series of holes in the floor of the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.