Helping Cousin with Pool Miles away

Jul 12, 2009
All,

Need some advise on what the experts may think is going on here. My cousin just recently had a new inground pool installed. 24000 gallons liner pool, SWG, cartridge filters.

She noticed last night that the pool was looking cloudy and also noticed that the SWG was accidentally turned off. Upon testing this AM FC was at 0, CC was at 2. CYA is low at 30.

She had the pool store test yesterday and they advised she put 3 bags of shock in the pool. Shock used was Bio Guard Smart Shock 2.

Fast forward to this morning when she texted me the issue. FC test was again at 0. CYA was at 30. I had her go and put 4 gallons of bleach into the pool acording to pool math. FC was at 14 and after 3 hours, FC was again at 0, CC was at 2. 5 more gallons of bleach were added to the pool and after 20 minutes the attached picture is what she sent me.

Now she used Great value bleach, non scented and not splash less. I am at a loss as to what would cause the foaming527194605.jpg

What all did the builder add?
What test kit are they using? ... Obviously they need one of the recommended test kits if they do not have one.

Why not tell them to join TFP and get help directly?

Great they got the test kit!

Is it actually foamy or is it clumps of white powder floating on the surface?
It likely will dissipate rather quickly.
But, they need to stop going to the pool store for advice ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.