Helpful Hint for Dolphin S200 Style Robots

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Ok, it could be just me, but I have a hard time opening the filter basket lid on my S200 style robots. I have three of them and they all operate about the same way.

It just seems like I have to pull on the catch-handle much harder than I should. The lid opens but it feels like I'm almost breaking the plastic.

After I cleaned the robot today, I was playing with the lid and found that if I used one hand to hold the lid down and used the other hand to pull up on catch-handle, the lid would open very smoothly.

Try this trick if you are having issues opening the basket lid on your Robot.

Thanks,

Jim R.

It could be that the plastics either wasn’t manufactured with enough tolerance or, with age, things have become misaligned and the door is not fitting properly. Another option is that the door is very slightly warped with age. When my S300 was running I often felt that the door was “too loose” and that, with age, the catch would stop working to keep the door closed. Being mass manufactured plastic parts, I’m sure not a lot of emphasis is placed on creating tight tolerances.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.