Help with walkway design

rk05

Jan 20, 2018
cincy ohio
So we have having some trouble with coming up with a walkway that would transition from the grass when we are walking towards the pool from our deck. The current fence plan is to follow the pool side wall with the gate right when you come up the steps. We have had some issues come up which has eatin into our budget so not sure if we will put something down temporaily or depending on price just do it now and get it over with.

The wife wants some kind of walking stones like the flagestone image I have attached. My only probablem with this is the gaps between the walking stones would need either mulch (which I'm not putting down) or a small stone to go in between. I see people walking and then kicking the smaall rocks up and being stepped on with bare feet or tracked down into the pool area.

I would maybe rather have a patio paver stone walkway like these Rumblestones. The walkway itself would be 3' wide with brassfield stone on both sides till it reaches the walls.

My biggest issue is with the thransition from the walkway to the grass. If I went with the rumblestones I could contour them up the hill towards the deck and then stop them aburptly. If we went with the flagestone type walkway I guess we could potentaly keep it going all the way to the deck steps?

I'm getting to the point where I just want all this done!

Thanks

Attachments

• Rumblestone.jpg
    Rumblestone.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6334.JPG
    IMG_6334.JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6394.jpg
    IMG_6394.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6508.jpg
    IMG_6508.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 18
I like the cleaner look of the first pic with the chairs and the fire pit.

I like the patio pavers as well but unless we keep them going up around the wall to our deck they will have to end. That would not look good to me with them just ending into the grass and the added cost/time to put them all the way up to the deck is not something I want to takee on right now.

We're leaning towards the flagestone but just set in sand not cement. That will allow us to continue the walkway up to the deck at a later date if we choose to do so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.