HELP WITH STRAP AROUND POOL!!

Ttobler16

Apr 29, 2020
Nebraska
Hi, I’m a new pool owner. It is a used above ground pool with a sand pump. I got the pool set up and filled to where it won’t leak out without putting the pump in yet as it still get chilly at night.
I am having a problem with the strap around the legs to hold the legs to the pool. In some spots around the pool the strap has bunched up towards the top to where on the pool liner it has the place where it goes through. I am curious if that will hurt the pool or if it can be like this through the summer?

please help!

Attachments

• 97A22C26-D166-4C35-AE6F-D2779A672A1F.jpeg
    97A22C26-D166-4C35-AE6F-D2779A672A1F.jpeg
    538.2 KB · Views: 20
  • FECAA32E-2D0C-4976-B054-174614EFE897.jpeg
    FECAA32E-2D0C-4976-B054-174614EFE897.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 35462BC5-2478-415A-8FD7-FF2B5BD90029.jpeg
    35462BC5-2478-415A-8FD7-FF2B5BD90029.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 22
Is your pool not level by any chance? I have seen several Intex pools with straps that look just like yours (especially on the “high end”) when it’s 3+ or so inches not level). Not saying that’s the case with yours but it would help me understand better and help you. Can you take a pic of the entire pool?

Neat system they have there............ok let me know if I understand this system the correct way.
-Around the leg is a loop of material that has a loop turned towards the pool that the strap goes through. Can you move these at all?

Neat system they have there............ok let me know if I understand this system the correct way.
-Around the leg is a loop of material that has a loop turned towards the pool that the strap goes through. Can you move these at all?
That is correct.
I can move some of them but not all. And around where the legs aren’t completely stopping the pool (one of the pictures shows that), kinda has me worried about it. That it will hurt the pool.

T
Is your pool not level by any chance? I have seen several Intex pools with straps that look just like yours (especially on the “high end”) when it’s 3+ or so inches not level). Not saying that’s the case with yours but it would help me understand better and help you. Can you take a pic of the entire pool?
the pool is not level. We couldn’t get it level. I just don’t know if I leave it how it is if it will hurt the pool when we use it.

Attachments

• 20ED51ED-CE21-41AA-8691-B1FFF62A40B9.jpeg
    20ED51ED-CE21-41AA-8691-B1FFF62A40B9.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 6DB46189-83AB-4587-9BEE-92F91917E84C.jpeg
    6DB46189-83AB-4587-9BEE-92F91917E84C.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 6

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't THINK It will leak or break..............what I worry about is that leg folding under the pool due to it being so unlevel. It already looks like it is trying to go under the pool wall :( Put some people in it and they start swimming and playing causing the water to move big.........................over it goes is my worry

The only real way to make the pool level is to DIG the ground level. It is almost impossible to put something under the pool to build up the area as you have found.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I’m not 100% sure. My yard is not level and no matter what we put down we couldn’t get it to level out. If we pulled the straps down, would it work better? Or if it stays like this will it hurt my pool?
Pulling the straps down won’t do anything when there’s thousands of pounds of water in there. The pool is unsafe to swim in. All I keep thinking about is that strap snapping at any point and the pool collapsing. It is going to put even more stress on it once there are people in there swimming and splashing around (which makes it even more dangerous.) Please drain and have the ground properly leveled. There are tons of threads about how to do this or you can always hire the job out. Good luck! :)

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.