Help with Stonescapes finish !!

Aug 29, 2018
Palm Harbor
Hello,

We have been in construction for awhile now. I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on how this stonescapes plaster looks, pool is being filled with water now.

Is it over/under exposed?
right dye used ?
Is there enough blue and red color ?? can the plaster guy skimp on this ??

This is Tropics Blue by Stonescape

I appreciate any comments !!

Attachments

• 20190130_pebble.jpg
    20190130_pebble.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20190130_pebble2.jpg
    20190130_pebble2.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 60
we did an acid bath (2 gallons muriatic) right after fill. The first day the color was green, the wife was NOT happy, but a day later the green left and the blue was beautiful, the sun/water ripple has alot of fire with this finish..

its beautiful, but we do have some lighter streaking.. hopefully the acid/brushing works
I will post some pics tomorrow

Personally, I think it looks great... As long as their aren't any issues that will shorten the life of the finish, I would just jump in (when warmer of course) and enjoy your pool. You can't see the stones or color once you jump in and make waves.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could comment on these imperfections in a tropics blue mini stonescapes finish ?

We are 7 days in, these streaks (pics3,3) and underexposed parts bench/step corners (pic1) have been there since the acid wash and water fill, also a few small leaves/twigs seem to be stuck in the plaster.

I have been brushing 2/day for 7 days, but do not see any difference in the streaks/underexposed.. I don't want to overreact but what would you do ? my wife is mildly bothered by the bigger streak. Is this job bad, or a normal pebble job ? How does the pebble exposure look (pic4) ?

wait a month/year before treating ? aluminum brush? 0PH acid bath ? spot acid treatment? demand drain/acid wash? just love it ?

any thoughts would be appreciated, I have not found a consensus for a solution online
Our final payment is due soon !
Thanks for any comments

Attachments

• finish1.jpg
    finish1.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 111
  • finish2.jpg
    finish2.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 113
  • finish3.jpg
    finish3.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 110
  • finish4.jpg
    finish4.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 109

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can’t see the problems in your pics and no one swimming in your pool will either. A pool surface is natural material and will not look like a painted wall.

Enjoy your pool and dive in.

Ours has some mottling and a few weird areas as well. I notice them, but nobody else ever notices, ever. When the sun is shining and people are using the pool I can't see them either. I, too, had expectations (fostered by the gorgeous photos on the Pebble Tec website) that pool finishes can and are done perfectly. But unfortunately that is not actually the case, you just never notice it until it's your own pool your are looking at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.