Help With Solar Valve Please!

Noob

Bronze Supporter
Jan 11, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Hi, I have a leak from my solar panels and have been trying to shut off the water flow to the roof, but despite pointing the "OFF" part of the Jandy valve (?) towards the pipe that leads up to the roof, water is still flowing/leaking. Can someone help confirm that the "OFF" is supposed to be pointed in the direction of #2 in the attached picture? (ignore the current position; I was testing to see if this position would stop the water flow but it did not)

#1 -- water from the filter
#2 -- water up to the roof
#3 -- water to the pool
#4 -- water down from the roof

Thank-you!!!

Attachments

• pool solar valve.jpg
    pool solar valve.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 7
You rotate the handle 90 degrees to the left from the position in the picture.

A wider pic would let us better understand your setup.

Wow, thanks for the quick help, guys! Here's a wider shot. And the handle is in the correct position here, I think?

Bigger picture (pun intended), it probably doesn't matter because I'm 90% sure I'm just going to scrap the whole system. There are 2 leaks that I know of, 1 of which is a repeat from two years ago. And this setup is between 10--15 years old (Suntrek) so probably on its last legs anyway. I don't want to keep throwing a couple hundred at it every 1.5 years until it finally dies.

I got a quote for $750 to remove it and patch all holes. Does that sound fair?

Attachments

• pool solar valve 2.jpg
    pool solar valve 2.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 14
That handle position is correct to stop water going up to the solar panels as long as the internal diverter is in good shape and not leaking water past it.

Reactions: Noob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.